I only really noticed this yesterday. I was running windows update after I had finished a few scans on the computer (anti-virus, anti-malware, little ccleaner pro "touch-up"), and got an Important Update, KB4093118 which is this months Security Monthly Rollup for Win7. Here, specifically for the x64-based systems. I naturally install this and restart, and while on restart it says the update completed successfully. I ALSO get a windows update message in the notification area saying there are more updates awaiting approval. I recheck Windows Update, and somehow KB4093118 is still there. Not being fully in my day yet, I just rinse-repeat, rinse repeat and soon find I've downloaded and supposedly installed this update 3 times on April 17th, each time successfully and without errors. I am now a little irritated and hide the update (where it remains, hidden). Looking further this same update was installed on April 10th, again successfully. But to really top it off, nowhere within Installed Updates do I see this gem. I see everything else downloaded and installed around that time and earlier, but not KB4093118.
There's been a few blogs and forum threads I've read that seem to suggest just not using Windows Update for April as by their estimation the whole thing is screwed up. I honestly don't know how to feel. Nothing *seems* to be wrong with my PC, but it's disconcerting that I've downloaded an update 4 times and nowhere is there an option to uninstall it, confirm whether 'Installed Updates' or 'Update History' is correct, or otherwise figure out the grand answer to my well thought question: "Huh?"
Is there anyone on the boards that has any inkling of either what's going on, what I might do to test or root around in the system to "fix" this, or otherwise have any suggestions at all? I'm leaning towards just leaving it be, but I definitely dislike this kind of thing.
On the same day as this occurred, I installed Discord and Skype, as well as the driver for my Sennheiser PC 363D Headset (3D_G4ME_1_Driver_V1_4).
Let me know where further information is needed (or if I need to ship this over to another forum / board). Thanks much in advance.
Full System Spe cs
- OS: Windows 7 Home P re mium 64-bit
- CPU: i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz (3.8 Turb o))
- CPU Fan : C OOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
- MOBO : ASUS Maximus V EXTREME Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
- RAM : Corsair Dominator Platinum Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit [CMD16GX3M2A1600C9]
- PSU : COOLER MASTER RS-A50-SPHA-D3 Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W Intel ATX 12V V2.3 & SSI EPS 12V V2.92
- GPU / Video Ca rd: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Card w/ most current driver
- Primary Drive (Local Disk (C:)) - SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Secondary Drive (Games (E)) - SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal SSD
- Tertiary Storage in two Volumes (F & G): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal HDD
Peripheral Stuff - (Case, Display, Keyboard & Mouse)
♦ Case: COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
♦ Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with PremierColor
♦ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
♦ Keyboard: Corsiar K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Cherry MX RGB Red switches
Edited by SergeTroy, 19 April 2018 - 12:23 AM.