Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Hardware/Windows issue?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Exeptshunz

Exeptshunz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

I'm not really sure where to post this, but my girlfriend bought an HP Omen and from day 1 its been having a backlight issue. Whether or not its a power issue or a problem with the computer itself recognizing that it should be lighting up is beyond me, im not sure what to do about it, HP has been far from helpful and ive exhausted the few articles on forums I can find, I also really dont know how to describe my issue so sorry for the preschool level explaination lol. Also The issue only exists when the laptop is plugged in and charging.

1. Computer is turned on, everything is fine and im prompted to login

2. After being turned on the Lid is closed for whatever reason

3. The Lid is opened and it seems like the display is broken, but when a light hits it you can see that its displaying

4. The power supply is disconnected from the laptop, after about 3 seconds the fans finally engage and the backlight comes back and works like intended

5. The power supply can be reconnected and it acts as if nothing ever happened.

As I said its only when the computer is plugged in and charging does this issue pop up, but im at a loss for what it could be, any help would be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Have you checked the lid settings in the Power Options?  I normally set the lid to Do nothing as it seems to cause more issues than anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users