I'm not really sure where to post this, but my girlfriend bought an HP Omen and from day 1 its been having a backlight issue. Whether or not its a power issue or a problem with the computer itself recognizing that it should be lighting up is beyond me, im not sure what to do about it, HP has been far from helpful and ive exhausted the few articles on forums I can find, I also really dont know how to describe my issue so sorry for the preschool level explaination lol. Also The issue only exists when the laptop is plugged in and charging.
1. Computer is turned on, everything is fine and im prompted to login
2. After being turned on the Lid is closed for whatever reason
3. The Lid is opened and it seems like the display is broken, but when a light hits it you can see that its displaying
4. The power supply is disconnected from the laptop, after about 3 seconds the fans finally engage and the backlight comes back and works like intended
5. The power supply can be reconnected and it acts as if nothing ever happened.
As I said its only when the computer is plugged in and charging does this issue pop up, but im at a loss for what it could be, any help would be greatly appreciated