Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU/Graphics issues?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thepokey

thepokey

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:52 AM

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone here is able to shed some light on why this might be happening all of a sudden. I got a new GPU about 6 weeks ago (Geforce GTX 1050). So far its been working like a charm in my older PC. But yesterday seemingly out of the blue when playing PUBG it started acting up. You can see from the images below that there is this weird green/red outline to a lot of shapes/colours. It only happened at first when I was inside buildings in game. Then it happened outside too when I was moving fast. I thought maybe it was an issue with the latest game update or my drivers. Updated my drivers today and it not only persists, but I'm noticing it in other things too like when using windows. For example, if I got to restart or shut down my PC, for a brief second when I click the restart or shut down tabs they flash the green/red ... and now when watching certain videos, whether it be games on Twitch or things on youtube, the green/red is showing up on the videos. So I feel like there is some kind of graphic card issue maybe? Or maybe its the monitor? I don't really know how I truly go about testing/fixing/isolating such a problem. 

Here are a couple of still shots I took in-game:

yNwIMeV.jpg

ugwhy1W.jpg

When I tried taking screen shots it wouldn't show up, my character had to be moving for it to appear. So i took these with my phone. First one is really noticable, second one you can see it on the green on the skirting boards near the top of the wall where it should be white, and on the roof there is red where the wall paper is ripped away, which should be whiteish too.

Any idea why this would suddenly be an issue if it is the GPU after at least a month of flawless use? 

Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thepokey

thepokey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

Update:

For the sake of it, I tried switching to my older crappier monitor and the problem seems to be gone. So its possible then the issue is my monitor (which is only just over a year old) or the monitor-GPU interaction? It literally only started yesterday and as far as I know, no settings have been changed.

The monitor is a BENQ GW2270 which is not a great monitor I know (student budget :( ) ... but I'm not sure what sort of things could be causing this. If anyone has any ideas to try I'd be very grateful!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,904 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:18 PM

What comes immediately to my mind is the question 'Is your monitor set to the correct resolution and refresh rate on your computer ?' The fact that your video works properly on your old monitor suggests that the settings may be wrong for the BENQ one.

If you don't have a manual/user guide for the BENQ you should be able to download one.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

it doesn't happen to be set in a 3d mode does it?

being red on one side and green on the other side.  tells me it's in a 3d mode

Edited by mightywiz, 20 April 2018 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users