Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Hard Drives

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 atkinson

atkinson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:00 AM

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction of an external hard drive please, size doesn't really matter, 120gb would be more than enough as I will only be using it to back up my iPod, and perhaps store a few other movies.

I saw a seagate 160gb one for £80 in a store today but as I say, I'm not too sure on the quality.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

Seagate is a good name. I own a Fantom, 80 gig I use for quick backups when I reformatt or do something I'm not sure of.
Check newegg.com, they have a lot of external drives and customers give reviews which help out.
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 atkinson

atkinson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

Seagate is a good name. I own a Fantom, 80 gig I use for quick backups when I reformatt or do something I'm not sure of.
Check newegg.com, they have a lot of external drives and customers give reviews which help out.

Will do thanks a lot :thumbsup:

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

200gb Seagate 7200 RPM USB 2.0 Has good reviews:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quick...=11157,47650000

Around £80

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:39 PM

Seagate is also the only hard drives that have a five year warranty (in the US anyway), and they are excellent in their warranty service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users