Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Account deletion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ViroDox

ViroDox

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Can I have my account deleted?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,166 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

Hello,

With regard to closing your account, it is not usual practice to do so as accounts can simply be abandoned.  That being said, one can make a specific request to actually have an account closed, but this will not remove any existing content you may have posted.  Only those who are Site Admins or the Admin can close an account.   If you still wish to close your account please contact one of the following via Private Message:

Site Admin Animal, Site Admin Blade, Admin Grinler

Please be patient if it takes several days to receive a response.  BleepingComputer staff are volunteers and this means that our time available for checking in to the site varies depending on other demands.  You can rest assured that you will receive a response to your message as you have from me.  If, by chance, you have not received a response from the staff member you contacted within 3 business days, do feel free to contact one of the remaining two.  There are times when someone may be on vacation, but please allow a minimum of three business days before sending a private message to another Site Admin or the Admin.

Edited by britechguy, 17 April 2018 - 09:33 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,972 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:44 AM

ViroDox....may I ask....why do you wish to delete it ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 markishpool

markishpool

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

I also care about the question: what led you to the desire to delete the account? why delete an account if you can always just do not go to the forum? still can be such, that it is required at the arisen question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users