Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need someone experienced

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PigeonsRcool

PigeonsRcool

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

So I was trying to move my pc to another room and it was working fine, once I moved it and turned it on and got this message
https://i.imgur.com/6mEA1G7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QEvyJSM.png

Tried all the trouble shooting methods nothing seems to work (even the reset this pc method), I think my files are corrupted or something. So I searched on google and saw a way to launch into command prompt and dp chkdsk with /f then tried with /r and keep on getting this error:
https://i.imgur.com/GDZI6v7.jpg
And trying to access disk C gives this error:
https://i.imgur.com/t5WtIxQ.jpg

I'd love some help as local tech shops here are known for stealing lol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PigeonsRcool

PigeonsRcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:31 AM

Lmao useless forum

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:46 AM

Useless Forum ????? ..........now im laughing ! 

Did you expect an immediate answer ?

That,ll be $50:00....

The last image you posted shows Disc Corruption , try Seagate Tools to check it.

Or as i do , slave it on another PC and see if you can read any Data on it.

It may be Dead but others here may help you further if needed............

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please run SeaTools for Windows

The download loads is a Zip-file, a program like WinZip will be needed to unzip this file.

Please download and run SeaTools for Windows

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installation of SeatTools for Windows begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

Cn0u1vP.png

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.  This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3.  You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options.  Please click on Long Generic Test

4.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

5.  The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

irtNzsc.png

6.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Patiemce is a virtue, it would appear that you are not feeling very virtuous. :hysterical:

Edited by dc3, 18 April 2018 - 10:05 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 PigeonsRcool

PigeonsRcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hey I'd love to try disk checking tools but I can't actually launch into windows :/

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

The master file table is corrupted on your drive.  The easiest way to repair this is to reinstall the operating system, not a refresh or reset, a fresh installation.  It would be nice to know that the drive is still viable before doing this, if the drive is bad then a reinstall would be a waste of time.  For this reason please do the following.

Please download SeaTool for DOS to your desktop.  This will make it easy to find the ISO file.

When the SeaTools for DOS website opens click on I Accept, then click on the Download button.

This download is a ISO image which you will need to burn to a CD or DVD in order to create a bootable disc which can be used to run the diagnostic tests.

To burn this ISO file to a CD or DVD use the instructions below.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, earlier versions do not have this option.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close.

Please note:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Once the disc is created load it in the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer.

If the disc is recognized you should receive a message instructing you to press any key to continue to boot from the disc.

Please run the long test and include the results in your next post in this topic.  If the short test fails please run the long test.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

A corrupted MFT (Master File Table) that chkdsk could not recover is bad news. The next step would be to slave the drive on another computer and scan it using recovery software in an attempt to get your data files back. If those are not required then you can do a clean install using the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10.

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,660 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

dc3,

Just curious, as I was just at the SeaTools Page (https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/), is it only SeaTools for DOS that allows a bootable drive to be created?  It would appear so from what I found regarding SeaTools for Windows.

You'd think they'd either rename or add a bit of an extended name for SeaTools for DOS these days, as I'd have no idea from the name that it could be used as a bootable under later versions of Windows.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#9 PigeonsRcool

PigeonsRcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Hey everyone, im writing this from my pc 

i downloaded a windows 10 iso from my laptop, made a bootable USB and booted from it, from there i formatted everything and installed a fresh copy of windows and it's working fine!

thanks for your help!

#10 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,660 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:22 AM

. . . i formatted everything and installed a fresh copy of windows and it's working fine!

Were I you I would immediately download and install SeaTools for Windows and run the "Short Generic" test on your hard drive at a minimum.  If that passes then I'd follow-up with a Long Generic overnight.

There is very good reason to believe that you may not continue to be "working fine" for long if there is an issue with the hard drive itself.

Edited by britechguy, 18 April 2018 - 11:23 AM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#11 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

...and please begin, and continue, making routine backups of your OS and Data partitions on external media -- of course using software and ext media of your choosing.  With backups, whether a failure is hardware or software, you can restore and be back in business in short order.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#12 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

[duplicate post, delete]

Edited by RolandJS, 18 April 2018 - 05:17 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

dc3,

Just curious, as I was just at the SeaTools Page (https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/), is it only SeaTools for DOS that allows a bootable drive to be created?  It would appear so from what I found regarding SeaTools for Windows.

You'd think they'd either rename or add a bit of an extended name for SeaTools for DOS these days, as I'd have no idea from the name that it could be used as a bootable under later versions of Windows.

Yes, to the best of my knowledge at this time it is the only version which can be used to create a bootable diagnostic disc.  I can't address their choice of names for their  products.  I quit wondering about such thought processes after reading that Frank Zappa named his daughter Moonbeam and a son Dweezil.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

Hey everyone, im writing this from my pc 

i downloaded a windows 10 iso from my laptop, made a bootable USB and booted from it, from there i formatted everything and installed a fresh copy of windows and it's working fine!

thanks for your help!

Congratulations!  Enjoy your working computer.

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

I quit wondering about such thought processes after reading that Frank Zappa named his daughter Moonbeam and a son Dweezil.

Thanks, this made my day.  :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users