Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel: Automating A Financial Ssheet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robjo2

robjo2

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:09 AM

I have a simple financial spreadsheet into which I manually add/deduct sums (eg salary, dividends, DDs etc). I do these on the date due.
I'd like to automate this by linking the s/sheet to the date so that these transactions occur as and when they should.

Any suggestions as to where I should start? Have tried googling etc but am not sure of the technical terms I should be using so have not come up with a solution.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:27 AM

Ii am not sure what you are trying to do here, and what you mean by linking the spreadsheet to the date. Could you provide some concrete examples of what you are doing now, and what you would like the spreadsheet to do so we could provide some guidance?
You may just want, for example, one part of a spreadsheet to act as a (printable) summary for linked subtotals of cells you imput elsewhere on the spreadsheet, or you may want something more complicated.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users