Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avast Service Crashed Unexpectedly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KrypticSneaker

KrypticSneaker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

HI,

I have started experiencing issues with Avast Premier where the Antivirus Service would unexpectedly stop responding and appear in Services as neither Running or Stopped. I had run it on this computer before but after I upgraded my SSD in my laptop to a 1TB device and reinstalled Windows I didn’t reinstall Avast until I recently started to do most of my college work in local Starbucks more often. I installed it last week for both of my laptops and both of them have this problem. I have tried researching this and I just don’t have the time, to figure this out.. However, I need Avast to be working, because I need to be sure that my stuff is protected on the many public networks I use. If I am infected, this will probably be majorly different process because of the way I store my data. I have listed an overview of how my data is stored.

Computers:

Both Run Windows 10

My Findings:

I have noticed that the Avast Antivirus Service will crash randomly, when I am not doing any intensive processes on the computer such as using a Web Browser.

The Antivirus will also crash during an large amount of files transferring, or during a large scan.

I have looked in the logs for Avast an it does not stay consistent with errors. In one case it says that I do not have an active vault for my user, before saying that it cant start a process and crashes. 

[2018-04-17 15:48:11.259] [notice ] [aavm       ] [10348: 7284] Entering IdpVaultMaintenance()

[2018-04-17 15:48:11.259] [notice ] [aavm       ] [10348: 7284] Entering IdpPlanVaultMaintenance()

[2018-04-17 15:48:11.469] [warning] [pam_http_ex] [10348: 7184] Error code(507) - A vault for the user:'bizmi' does not exist

[2018-04-17 15:48:20.859] [warning] [event_rout ] [10348: 6244] Handling of 'process_monitor.process_started.client' event failed. Handler description: Module: C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\pam.dll.

Exception: Unable to open process 7772!

Code: 0x00000057 (87)

[2018-04-17 15:48:20.859] [warning] [event_rout ] [10348: 6244] Handling of 'process_monitor.process_started.client' event failed. Handler description: Module: C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\pam.dll.

Exception: Unable to open process 3016!

Exception: Unable to open process 9100!

Exception: Unable to open process 4012!

[2018-04-17 15:48:20.860] [warning] [event_rout ] [10348: 6244] Handling of 'process_monitor.process_started.client' event failed. Handler description: Module: C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\pam.dll.

Exception: Unable to open process 1000!

[2018-04-17 15:48:20.860] [warning] [event_rout ] [10348: 6244] Handling of 'process_monitor.process_started.client' event failed. Handler description: Module: C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\pam.dll.

Exception: Unable to open process 8080!

Exception: Unable to open process 5008!

[2018-04-17 15:48:45.221] [notice ] [crashguard ] [10348:12404] Minidump created successfully. Exception code is: c0000005

Another instance it says it cant open the licesne file, and then Lists an exception that I cant find anything on.  Event Logs mentions it was terminated..

Storage of Data:

I have three places I store my stuff, one accessible anywhere through the cloud, two of them are on premise Network Shares.

I use OpenDrive for my Cloud Storage, a large amount of data is stored on it. My College work is stored in a folder that syncs to an offline copy on both of my laptops and when a change is applied it syncs to the cloud and the other laptop. The same goes for the Downloads folder, Documents, and Pictures because there are many instances where I need to access those crucial folders from another computer or at an offline location, so those sync.

I also store files on my college’s servers using a share, however I do not know what is running and I rarely access it only on special circumstances.

My last source of storage is my 8TB File Server running Linux. A couple weeks before this I did Copy files from a computer I hadn’t touched for 2 years to the share and also an External hard drive that one of the laptops affected was plugged into. The system was going very slow and was acting up. I thought it might have been because of it using an old hard drive. The data from that computer is on the 8TB file server.

Things I tried:

• Using Repair Feature
  • Reinstalling
  • Reinstalling with different license file, (Beforehand it was complaining about the license then said it was corrupted, but the previous reinstall took the license and didn’t complain)
  • Using the Avast Uninstaller Tool and reinstalling
  • Used The Avast Uninstaller Tool and then Installed using the Offline Uninstaller
  • MBAM Scan (Nothing turned up)

During this, I will be doing one laptop at a time.

Thank You,

Edited by KrypticSneaker, 17 April 2018 - 11:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

I'd suggest posting this in Avast forum or, since this is a paid version they should have some tech support phone number.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users