How are you?
Following from your approach that the file-sharing was at fault, I started looking further at the Bluetooth settings on the 1st computer and they were messing around - no apparent consistent behaviour
So I reinstalled the bluetooth software. Then I messed around for a while connecting the iPaq with the laptop as the connection proceedure has to be exact.
When that was working I tried to look at the second computer, and decided to reinstall there. During reinstallation it ased for me to switch off the bluetooth and I couldn't.
As I need it for my wireless router I shall leave it as it is and forget the bluetooth.
Why incorrect permissions I have no idea.
Thanks for your help.
Hope you are keeping well,
All the Best