Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD when plugging/unplugging laptop charger.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 woodburner

woodburner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

Hello, hopefully someone can help please.

I have a very slow laptop that often, when plugging or unplugging the power supply, will BSOD. Not always but it wont' BSOD at any other time

Synsative file attached, speccy link below;

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/60UmgpMW8I4RFxmefqMt8I7

It seems ndis.sys and ntoskrnl.exe are the culprits.

In trying to fix this I've updated the driver for the network card which instantly brought the laptop to normal working speed again. This lasted for about a day, also BSOD around the same time it went slow again- unsure which came first

Memtest has done 14 passes with no errors.

In event viewer there are errors relating to Intel's User Energy Server Service Queencreek, which is possibly pertinent?

Many thanks.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users