Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound After Re-Installing Realtek Audio Driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ryxas248

ryxas248

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:55 AM

So, I received 2 BSODs on my computer, both of them being "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION rtvkhd64.sys" and all the suggestions I could find were "Reinstall your audio driver", so I do that and now I have no sound whatsoever. I believe it's to do with Realtek HD Audio Manager not booting from startup. It says it boots at startup, but nothing appears. I've been at this for 2 hours and have found no luck whatsoever. I reinstalled the driver again, I tried googling for 2 hours, still nothing. If there's any information you need, please lemme know and I'll reply back ASAP, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

What is the make and model of the computer? Just to confirm, there was sound before you reinstalled the drivers? For future reference the driver's name is rtkvhd64.sys

Where did you download the driver from? 

Did you uninstall the driver first before reinstalling?

Right click your sound device in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs. Copy and Paste the first line into your next post. 

#3 ryxas248

ryxas248
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:22 AM

Okay I luckily managed to fix it:

I installed an older copy of the driver and Realtek HD Audio Manager now shows up after startup, my assumption is that the model of motherboard I'm using no longer supports HD Audio Manager, at least that's what I think anyway.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

Removed previous text, wrong application.

Edited by dc3, 18 April 2018 - 08:36 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users