Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A belated thank-you

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EmilyBH123

EmilyBH123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:40 AM

Hi,

I'm finally joining as I suspect I'll be a frequent visitor for a while until I get a better handle on the operating systems I'm using now.

I was originally directed a few years ago to come here and use some of the great tools available here by the Bitdefender tech support department.

Now their tech support dept seems to be telling me that they will no longer support Win Vista. This is four months or so after they sent me a link and instructions to download and install their antivirus on my computer with Win Vista. It begged the question that if they no longer supported Vista,, why did they sell me a three year antivirus for Vista?  Of course I knew Microsoft was no longer supporting it but thought Bitdefender might have something that I could use for it and they seemed to be able to accommodate me.

I should say, on another computer I had Win 8.1 and had their antivirus on that too. However, the hard drive crashed and I switched to Ubuntu on that computer. Then I learned that their antivirus would be useless on Ubuntu

So I've paid for three years of protection which will be of no use for either of my computers. Hopefully I'll be able to get a pro-rated refund.

In the meantime, my computers have issues and I'm so glad this site is here. The service is invaluable. It reminds me of the 1990s and early 2000s when people with tech support knowledge would bend over backwards to help you for no cost such as on AOL or even the phone companies.. These days some of the technicians have less understanding than I do or the ones who are advanced and do know what they are doing always have their hands out.

So it is empowering when it comes to needing fixes for computer problems to know you can find good instructions to help you DIY like is available here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:13 PM

Finally - welcome to BC !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users