Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Block booting in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PianoMan55

PianoMan55

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:06 AM

I just talked to Samsung and they said "No way", so do any of you know if there is a,way to prevent a Galaxy S5 from booting in Safe Mode? I know it is part of the OS.
Problem: I have installed Net Nanny on the grandkids phones, but two of them figured out that if they boot in Safe Mode it bypasses 3rd party apps, Net Nanny included. Anyone know iof a work around on this problem? This has become a BIG problem for me and my adult children just trying to keep the kids off some of the garbage on the 'net.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

Well you can try to put Open DNS on your router: https://www.opendns.com/ and make an account with them from there you can setup what type of sites you want to block. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlWUNF6pnaw

But if they could always use the sim card to surf the web which would bypass Open DNS.

Hope this helps at least a little.

#3 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:45 AM

Maybe SureLock? Available in the Google Play Store.

SureLock for Android

Edited by Phantom010, 17 April 2018 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users