Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Identifying and removing a "Hidden Network"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MOhillbilly

MOhillbilly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

Can anyone tell me where I can find the information to identify/ modify/remove a "Hidden" wifi Network in the registry, or a file on the hard drive. I changed from Dish to Hughesnet satellite last week, and now have a wifi network identified only as "Hidden Network". I thought that it was a network setup left over from my Dish router, and have tried logging in using my old info, but it doesn't work. I realise it's not a threat to me, unless it's accessed by someone outside my system, but I want to know exactly what it is. Thanks in advance for any info available.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 15 April 2018 - 05:07 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:41 PM

The "hidden network" is a gift to you from Hughesnet, but do not worry....your not alone

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Hidden-Network/td-p/80266

#3 MOhillbilly

MOhillbilly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

Thanks Joe C, I appreciate your response, even though it's not what I consider good news.  :mellow: I suppose it could be a real asset to have a back door available for Support to use, but I must wonder how many disgruntled former employees are around who have that access info.....  Oh well, that's just my 67 year old naturally acquired distrust showing through. lol Have a grand day, Joe.

#4 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:42 PM

That is not distrust, that is experience-based learning and understanding of human nature. (64 and counting...)

#5 MOhillbilly

MOhillbilly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

That is not distrust, that is experience-based learning and understanding of human nature. (64 and counting...)

True true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users