Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 won't boot after using Tweaking.com Windows Repair

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samone4

samone4

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

After using the Tweaking.com Windows Repair, my Dell Inspiron One 2330 crashed. Computer boots to Windows Troubleshooting but "System Restore" and "Startup Repair" both fail. So, I'm stuck in this loop. Also, it will not boot to safe mode using "Startup Settings" under Advanced Options. I tried using the bootrec commands in the C: drive. However, when I used bootrec /fixboot is says "access denied". The bootrec /scanos command does not recognize the OS. I will do a reinstall if necessary to salvage my files but I am hoping to find another way to return to a stable operating environment. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Can you try to restore the registry from its backup?

https://pureinfotech.com/restore-registry-backup-windows-10/

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 samone4

samone4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

I decided to clean install os after hours of frustration. Oh well. But thanks for the reply. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users