Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error screen and some security issues with my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ArchimedesNose

ArchimedesNose

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

Hello there!

I have been seeing some interesting but nevertheless frustrating things happening with my computer!

For starters, I have been on eBay recently making some online purchases, and I notice that my Anti-virus (Bitdefender) has been red flagging/blocking phishing attempts on several occasions. And today, I noticed an error that appeared on my desktop (while I had no browsers open) that I took a screen capture of that does not appear to be using English characters. I think this because there are several characters that have funky looking accents apostrophe's and dots over them...one of the characters looks like a British pound sign...but I'm not sure how to replicate the error.

The error box itself is approximately 1 and a half inches by three inches, and seems to say something like "ControlService ilo (British pound sterling sign) (funky dash) ilo uAe:1053"

The top left of the box says something like ilo

I did not click anything, and instead rebooted my computer and ran some scans with Bitdefender, Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, and CCleaner.

Bitdefender and Malwarebytes came back with clean scans, but Adwcleaner found two PUP's and requested that I reboot the computer after it removed the two threats. For some reason, it took me a couple of times of removing these threats before they stopped continually showing up in my scans over and over again.

I'm not really sure what to make of all of this, on top of the fact that I thought Malwarebytes had been out of its Premium trial course, and as of this morning it has about three days left apparently...which I also thought was kind of weird.

Am I infected or should I be concerned about any of this??

Help? 

I am using Windows 10 Home Edition version 1709 on a fairly new Lenovo computer.

I look forward to reading your response on how I should handle this further...thanks again!

**ArchimedesNose**

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluviaggiatore

bluviaggiatore

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:32 AM

seems that something is wrong ,if you suspects something , format is better way to get rid of this problem . 

#3 ArchimedesNose

ArchimedesNose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

Hello bluviaggiatore,

Thank you so much for the response. :)

1.) I assume you mean reformatting my hard drive, is that correct? 

2.) Is your suggestion the same thing as doing a computer reset with the "remove everything" option?

Thanks again.

**ArchimedesNose**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users