Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am i infected?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fanys35

fanys35

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

Hello everybody im new here!Well i got a problem,these days  i had kaspersky total 2018 and malwarebytes and my pc was clean.Then i downloaded roguekiller and adwcleaner just for 1 time scan to be sure .Rogue killer found PUM.HomePage Type Registry:iE Settings(x4)---Hidden.ADS TYPE(Stream)(x4)-----PUP.uTorrentAds Type File(x1).......and adwcleaner found adware.pokki and Pup optional legacy ofc i deleted them too.Why the other 2 protections didnt find anything (SuperAntispyware too).Is there any chance from these viruses to destroy my pc.
Please help!

Edited by hamluis, 14 April 2018 - 09:21 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fanys35

fanys35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

well?

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:50 AM

Welcome to BC....

If you have uTorrent installed that would be the source of one piece of adware. Be aware that more than 60% of

uTorrent downloads will contain malware and or adware.

That is all that was found and removed....some adware.

You can use the program below to scan for other security risks.

• download Security Check by glax24 and save the file to the Desktop
  • Run the tool by accepting all the Security prompts
  • when complete the tool will produce a log file C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt and also copy the contents to the Clipboard
  • Simply Paste the log to your reply

If you don't have an ad blocker installed I suggest using Adblock Plus.

Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox     Adblock Plus - Chrome Web Store

Adblock Plus for Edge browser   Adblock Plus for IE

You can block the ad and tracking cookies from installing on your computer by blocking third party cookies.

How to disable third-party cookies in all major web browsers

Once you have blocked the install of those cookies then run CCleaner to remove the existing ones.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users