Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Signficant Graphical Glitches/Flickering in Some Games

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Capricornicus

Capricornicus

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Hi! For over a month now I've been tackling this obnoxious issue with a PC I built where certain games and programs experience black bars/textures, flickering textures, and screen flashing. This only happens within the individual programs and doesn't affect my whole monitor. Over time I've encountered several fixes/figurative band-aids which include:

1. Disabling hardware acceleration (Chrome, Discord)
2. Launching a game separate from a third party app such as Steam (Overwatch, Kingsway)
3. Running games in an earlier version of DirectX (Hollow Knight, Just Cause 2 @ DX9)
4. capping framerate at a significantly low number (Hollow Knight @ 24fps)

#1 completely rid me of the problem, #2 at least had great improvements as well as #3, and #4 obviously isn't anywhere near a fix but the info is valuable.

Example 1: Just Cause 2 w/o force-d3d9, high settings 
Example 2: Chrome with black bars before disabling HW 
Example 3: white flash in Skyrim SE, high settings 

I've updated my drivers, changed resolution, tweaked refresh rate, flashed BIOS, you name it! Still don't have a blanket solution. I'm hoping some experts here might know what the problem is exactly and what the fix could actually be! 

My specs are:
Motherboard: MSI B350M PRO-VH PLUS 
CPU: AMD Ryzen-5 6-Core Processor 3.20Ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4
Power: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W
Monitor: ASUS VS228H-P 21.5'' Full HD LED

Games affected by flickering/artifacts are Overwatch, Shadow Warrior (2013), Hollow Knight, Just Cause 2, Besiege, Talos Principle, Skyrim: SE

Games unaffected are Skyrim, Tembo the Badass Elephant, La-Mulana, The Witcher, Minecraft, Pillars of Eternity, Rivals of Aether, Team Fortress 2, Goldeneye: Source, Team Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic

IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO, I GOT IT!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users