Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

black screen + auto restart

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 shinmarwan

shinmarwan

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

so i was surfing the web when suddenly the monitor go black and the pc  auto restarted and the following happened :

motherboard gigabyte logo appears , the blue windows logo with loading circle then black screen plus pc became very calm like some fans stopped or something then auto restart again then motherboard logo then windows loading screen then black screen and the pc became very calm then auto restart .

then windows repair start up appeared , i entered safe mode without problem , then tried to back to normal mode but black screen and same problem again , so here what i did :

opened the case and checked the cables , everything was ok , i cleaned any dust in there then tried to run the pc but sadly the problem appeared again

since i was able to enter the safemode i uninstalled the vga driver then installed it again and restart but sadly the problem rised again

i used DDU ( display driver uninstaller ) and uninstall the vga driver and its roots and then restart the pc

WOW the pc started in normal mode but without driver , so i downloaded the latest driver and when trying to install as soon as the setup tried to increase the resolution to my monitor 1600*900 the pc gone black screen then auto restart

whats going on ? did my VGA die ?? i am writing this now through safe mode with networking 

my pc specs :

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core i5 @ 3.20GHz

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P85-D3T

nvidia gtx 760

2 hdd 1 tb each

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shinmarwan

shinmarwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

nothing ???

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

You have an nVidia graphics card, the GTX760. Have you been to the nVidia site to download the latest available drivers for it ?  that would be my first thought.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 shinmarwan

shinmarwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

You have an nVidia graphics card, the GTX760. Have you been to the nVidia site to download the latest available drivers for it ?  that would be my first thought.

Chris Cosgrove

yes I did through safe mode with networking and the PC restarted during the driver setup

Edited by shinmarwan, 16 April 2018 - 11:52 AM.

#5 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:56 PM

Check your temperatures with something like hwmonitor ( https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html )  If the NVidia card shows high temps, you may have fried it and very few people think to clean their video cards.

Otherwise; EVENTVWR.MSC (Event Viewer) ought to show you why the PC is rebooting while trying to initialize the NVidia card.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#6 shinmarwan

shinmarwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

Check your temperatures with something like hwmonitor ( https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html )  If the NVidia card shows high temps, you may have fried it and very few people think to clean their video cards.
Otherwise; EVENTVWR.MSC (Event Viewer) ought to show you why the PC is rebooting while trying to initialize the NVidia card.

where to find event viewer ?

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

Since you are running Win 10, type eventvwr or eventvwr.msc or even Event viewer into Cortana/search and it should appear at the top of the screen.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 978 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:56 AM

Or Winkey+R then EVENTVWR.MSC in the run box <enter>

#9 shinmarwan

shinmarwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:41 AM

ok i opened event viewer but dont know what to search for

there are criticals , errors , warning etc... 

any help would be appreciated 

#10 shinmarwan

shinmarwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:46 AM

i used hwmonitor  and look at this :

111.png​

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:16 AM

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#12 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 978 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

Speccy won't hurt anything; but, what I was concerned about was the temperatures on the GTX 760 card which HWMonitor ought to also show.  Your stated problem is that the PC reboots spontaneously if you try to install the NVidia drivers, correct? 

#13 shinmarwan

shinmarwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:54 AM

Speccy won't hurt anything; but, what I was concerned about was the temperatures on the GTX 760 card which HWMonitor ought to also show.  Your stated problem is that the PC reboots spontaneously if you try to install the NVidia drivers, correct? 

exactly

#14 shinmarwan

shinmarwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:06 AM

so ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users