Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mmorpg

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 im_no_good_with_computers

im_no_good_with_computers

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:16 PM

hi, i play fps all the time and im lloking for a really fun mmorpg
can you suggest any that you think are really really fun?
(not WoW or silkroad though)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

um, there is one called Conquer Online. Its similar to Diablo 2 from its top down style. It is also free to play.

Its an alright game, but the pacing of the fighting and leveling up just seems a little slow and unimpressive as compared to say running around in Diablo 2.

http://conqueronline.com/

#3 im_no_good_with_computers

im_no_good_with_computers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

are there any others?
idc if i have to pay

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:05 AM

There's a new one out called Archlord. You can find info on www.gamespot.com I don't do mmorpg, I prefer to go it alone at home.

Also there is Titan Quest, only been out for a couple of months. They have an online thingy too.

Edited by Wildabeast, 06 October 2006 - 05:14 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:30 AM

Yea, Titan's quest is like an acient Greece version of Diablo 2.

#6 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:49 PM

I never was much in to RPG's, certainly not when there are two M's attached...but you might try a game called Freelancer, if you haven't already. It's not "massively" multi-player in the same sense, but the game certainly feels massive. It has both a single-player storyline and active servers for multi-player “freelancing” as well. In a nutshell, you are a pilot in a universe where the populated worlds and various ports in each solar system are linked by "trade lanes" and each adjacent system is connected through "jump gates." You can trade, fly missions, even mine certain asteroid fields to make money...in turn you can upgrade your ship, buy new ones, add new weapons, ect. Your actions effect your alignment with various factions…you can become an outlaw with the various pirate and terrorist groups…or ally yourself with local police/navies and house corporations…all up to you.

hi, i play fps all the time

As an FPS person, you'll appreciate the fact that the combat is in real-time...a blend of FPS-style controls and a space/flight sim feel.

Anyway, I still really enjoy the game and I would recommend anyone getting it.

Here are some more screenies.

Edited by locally pwned, 06 October 2006 - 05:52 PM.

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#7 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

I find Graal pretty, fun. The main servers are kinda' "Zelda-ish". Othere's are much better but one main feature is that you can make your own server, work for a serveer scripting and GFXing guns ( Some servers have guns, others are kinda' meidevil-ish with swords and bows ) swords, card, anything.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#8 Darklight

Darklight

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

hi guys!!!

did you try to play MU online?

for me its cool...

by the way if you want try to download on this site www.muwarriors.org

im a Game Master on this server maybe i can help you guys...just look for Dark|ight here..
Posted Image

#9 celsbury

celsbury

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

i'm into mmorpg's and here's a few of my favorites:
Knight online, free good graphics
runescape, free, huge community and map
world of pirates, free trial, have to pay afterward though you get to go around the whole of the caribbean
kill winice/softice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 SNC-Zach

SNC-Zach

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:22 AM

Maple Story [ www.mapleglobal.com ]

#11 Silivar

Silivar

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:23 PM

If you're looking for a paid one without a monthly fee, try Guild Wars. You only have to buy the game, then you can play freely. If you're looking for a P2P one, I won't be much help. However, I've played countless free ones.

Just a few to name.

Fly For Fun

It's a bit cartoonish, but it's not bad for a free MMO. Community is a mess, but it's enjoyable. A lot to do, as far as free MMOs go. Lag isn't unbearable like Silkroad, either.

Space Cowboy Online

Another one published by GPotato, this one is a more active shooter. It gets grindish after a while, but it's fun. Ignoring the name, combat doesn't actually take place in space. It's a flying shooter.

Rappelz

One more Gpotato one. :thumbsup:

This one's...different. It's more like a traditional MMO, but I don't really find it enjoyable. Way too repetitive right off. It's still in open beta now, but it'll be released soon. It's worth trying.

Nostale

This one is fun for a while, but I didn't care for the graphics. It's a 2D/3D blend. It works well for the gane, but I perfer full 3D. It does include some nice features, and it's pretty fun for a while.

Rakion

Not an RPG, exactly, but it's an MMO. Action-based MMO. Fun, but very hard to connect to a game, and leveling is pretty rough.

I could name some more, but those are the ones that come to my mind right off. I'll name some more when I think of them. For now, try those.

Maple Story [ www.mapleglobal.com ]

No.

Edited by Silivar, 16 October 2006 - 10:25 PM.

#12 Andersson

Andersson

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

I'm saving myself Darkfall (www.darkfallonline.com) and I'd advice anyone else to do so as well since their idea of an MMO is just awesome.

But if you really want to play one now I'd recommend Face of Mankind (www.fomportal.com). It's an MMOFPSRPG that is pretty fun compared to your average grinding MMO. But beware, there are not too many players around. However it sure as hell beats any other current MMO.

#13 SNC-Zach

SNC-Zach

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:21 PM

Why are ya poo-pooing Maple?

#14 Silivar

Silivar

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:21 PM

Why are ya poo-pooing Maple?

I'm fairly easy about heavy grinding games, but Maple is an unforgiving grindfest. By level 20, it takes hours to level, and that's assuming you don't die at all. That's too much. I'm avoiding judging the graphics. They're actually very nice, for a 2D game. I usually don't like 2D, but I enjoyed Maple's graphics...for a while. THe problem is that the gameplay has too few redeeming values. Add that to the grind factor, and it's near unbearable for me.

#15 killer_kyle

killer_kyle

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

Yeah dude check out Guild Wars, played it a few times, don't own it. It's alot like WoW though....

As Silivar said, check out FLYFF and Space Cowboys, I've played them and they are pretty fun, but they didn't get me addicted like WoW did, which is a good thing I think. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users