Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi everyone- new to site could do with some help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simoncirclesquare

simoncirclesquare

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:36 AM

Could somebody please tell me if it is possible to regionally change your IP address throughout the uk.

I have seen software like tunnelbear that change countries but was wondering if you can just change regions.

for example .. go from leeds to doncaster?

Any help would be great

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Your IP address is assigned by your ISP whether it is a static one or not. Should you wish to obfuscate your point of origin then a VPN like Tunnelbear will do this for you but, as I understand it, you appear to originate from the other end of the VPN connection.

Just a minor point, Leeds to Doncaster is hardly a differnt region, they are both in Yorkshire and only 30 odd miles apart as the electron travels.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 RossTeagan

RossTeagan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:05 AM

Could somebody please tell me if it is possible to regionally change your IP address throughout the uk.

I have seen software like tunnelbear that change countries but was wondering if you can just change regions.

for example .. go from leeds to doncaster?

Any help would be great

Thanks

You can, but you will need an IP from that particular region.

I suggest you look for private proxies instead of VPNs. There are providers selling Uk proxies, and choose among these providers who has IP from the region you want.

Tech Assistant at UnlockUnit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users