Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sign-in options missing from the login screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dawn22

dawn22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

I have 2 computers (out of about 40-50) Dell Precision T7510 computers with Windows 10 1709 on the computers that are missing the sign-in options on the login page. I've attached pictures. They have card readers attached and we need to start using smart cards to login to our computers. If you choose the Other user option you can see the sign-in options, along with fingerprint and question, which the other users do not have. If you choose the card reader (with card in the reader) it says, Present your card, not the normal connect you card.

The reader is reading the card, they can get into other apps that we need to sign into for work. Plus certutil can see the card is in there. These 2 computers are in a group with most of the other computers, as are the employees, but there is no GP set for any of them for smart cards anyway. Device manager says reader is working fine.

I've asked other people and have no idea what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and hoping something will lead me in the right direction.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dawn22

dawn22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

Nobody seems to know what to do, but I have some added information because another computer had the sign in options disappear. We have a couple dell Precision laptops 7510 laptops, they both had a usb device in Device Manager that was unknown with a yellow mark, so I reinstalled the usb drivers, the yellow mark went away and one needed a restart. After restarting I checked the device, it was gone, no yellow, then I locked the computer and noticed no Sign in options and under Other user the same for choices minus the smart card.

When I go to safe mode the Sign in options are there, along with the smart card and it works.

Does anyone think that the reinstalling the reader driver will make it work? Any setting to change?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users