Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Galaxy S6 virus/malware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bryan480

bryan480

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:33 PM

Hi all

about 2 days I started getting the annoying Congratulations, you have won pop-up, wanting me to "spin" for a prize. It first started when I went to eBay ( not the APP)

I have not installed any apps in months.

I use Chrome

I ran a virus check, and everything is clear.

I changed to Firefox a few hours ago, but have not had the chance to see if I get the "congratulations" pop-up

It's coming from facebook.com-apple.com (3 P's in apple, not 2)

I have tried to disable/ uninstall updates and reinstall Chrome but still get the message.

I really do not want to do a FDR

please help!!!

Thank you all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

It's not a virus. If you can, avoid the site, or install an ad blocker. There are plenty available in the Google Play Store.

#3 RossTeagan

RossTeagan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:55 AM

Unwanted pop-ups are a clear indication of adware installed on your phone.

You need to identify the app causing this issue (it might be an unwanted app installed on your device) and remove it.

Try following this guide: https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/how-to-tell-if-your-phone-has-a-virus

Let me know if it helps.

Tech Assistant at UnlockUnit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users