Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting a blogspot blog I own to another blogspot blog of mine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:58 PM

Ok, I've been setting up a blog lately for a project I am involved in. As far as I know the unique word which is my project name has never been used for any proper thing before, all google results for it are just typos where people meant to use a fairly rare english word but made several typos, and there are not many results even then. I won't say what the project is called here, the project is still a bit private for now, I'll just call the mis-spelt word "something". I am hoping that before long my blog should be on the first google page whenever anyone searches for my project's name. I have set up my main blog at a particular URL of the usual [quote]something.blogspot.com[\quote] form. I have also gone and got for myself another website [quote]something-RelevantKeyword.blogspot.com[\quote] to try to ensure that I have a good chance of being in the top search results for the project name and that someone doesn't domain squat me so to speak my taking [quote]something-RelevantKeyword.blogspot.com[\quote] for themselves. So I now have both those blog URLs, but I don't want to have to set up my templates and maintain my blog posts on both of them, plus that would make things really confusing when people started commenting on my blog posts, half the commenters who went to one site would never see the other half... So I could go and just put one post onto [quote]something-RelevantKeyword.blogspot.com[\quote] which says "Please follow my link to [quote]something.blogspot.com[\quote]" but that looks a bit ugly and unprofessional, so I'd like to set things up so anyone visiting [quote]something-RelevantKeyword.blogspot.com[\quote] gets automatically redirected to [quote]something.blogspot.com[\quote]. Is there any easy way to do this? I won both the blogs so it should be possible, and as far as I know one can put custom html and/or javascrpt onto a blogspot blog so I could perhaps go by that route if necessary, but as blogger has tools for giving your blog third party (.com, .org, .info ...) URLs I would assume you can also use those tools to cause redirects between your own blogs. Can anyone explain how this is done, or if it isn't possible suggest how I might right some html code or something to put on one blog to cause a redirection to my main blog? If all else fails is there a really fast way to copy across customised blogger formatting templates (I spent quite a while setting up different colours for every different type of text, background colours, spacings...)between by blogs and a quick way to make the content on [quote]something-RelevantKeyword.blogspot.com[\quote] a copy of the content on [quote]something.blogspot.com[\quote] without having to copy every post each time?
Thanks
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

Any ideas anyone? Thanks

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Sorry to bump this, but has anyone got any ideas? Right now one of the secondary domains I've made is coming up first on google searches and while it holds a link to my main blog it looks really scruffy to be done like this. Can anyone suggest how to make it redirect automatically. Thanks

#4 HarryBaker

HarryBaker

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:37 AM

Hi Mate,

Have you tried contacting blogspot themselves for support? They may have a better understanding.

Regards,

Harry

#5 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Blogspot/blogger is a google company, there's basically no way to contact them.

#6 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

Any tips on this anyone?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users