Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse doesn't move but all buttons register and top LED lights up...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WEScott

WEScott

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

So I have a Gigabyte Force M7 Thor gaming mouse that just stopped working..

All the other buttons register and even the wheel scrolls when I roll it, the top LED lights but moving my mouse has no effect. It just doesn't move... Please help? I can't afford to buy a new one now >.<

It was still working a second ago, it just came to an instantaneous stop :(

I'd really appreciate the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is almost certainly dead, the movement sensors have failed.

If it's still under warranty take it back and jump up and down - politely (at first !). If it is out of warranty you could still try taking it back to your supplier and crying on his/her shoulder. Otherwise, I am sorry, you are just going to have to use a less capable replacement until you can afford a new one.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users