Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for specific software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bkapitzky

bkapitzky

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums and I appreciate all of your responses and help.

I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction for a specific type of software. I've worked with Quickbooks and Wave and I really like how there's a large accounting component but this is not the core software my business is looking for.

Just to clarify, I'm not interested in a holistic software that can manage all my operations. I'm just interested in finding software that can help manage payments between contractors and companies. 

My business connects companies with independent contractors to complete virtual work. I'm wondering if there's a software that can help me manage all these different relationships from a payment perspective. Ideally, this software allows the contractors to fill out 1099's and manages tax forms. This software should also be able to charge credit cards on a recurring basis. Quickbooks and Wave allow me to send out recurring invoices, but I'd prefer for these to just be automatic charges. 

My "wishlist":

- Recurring credit card charges (ideally, these recurring credit card charges interact with a database that houses the timesheet for the contractors)

- 1099 forms and managing

- Ideally take a portion of transactions that occur on the platform (say, 10%)

- We also have a website and it would be awesome if this software and website could interface with each other. If not, work directly together. 

Thanks so much. 

Bryce 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:15 PM

In my former life...I was an accountant, financial analyst, etc.

Not sure why you don't seem to want Quickbooks but there is much about life which I don't comprehend.

I will say...managing inflows/outflows of moneys...is just a small part of any accounting software/system....as is paying employment taxes, filing quarterly returns, processing W-2s,  etc.

What I would suggest...is to contact some of your competitors and peers/fellow business entities...and inquire how they go about managing the financial side of their businesses.  This does not involve any "trade secrets" so there is no reason for them not to share such info.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 14 April 2018 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users