Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build BSOD Memory management among others

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Njackson94

Njackson94

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:33 AM

Hello all! I have been having issues with my new pc build about a few days after it was set up (almost 1 month ago). I am a longtime lurker of bleeping computer and appreciate any feedback. 

First off I want to say sorry for the possibly scrambled post. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NJE5_93HnLAeu9Y8Io793suXQ1pLvn4e

Everything is stored on that google drive folder. Speccy, dumps, sysnative, chkdsk report. Memtest 86 ran two passes for 6 hours (will post screen) tonight. WIndows memory test found no issues. sfc scan now was done.

A week after the crashes started (memory management, irql not less than or equal too, etc) I updated from windows 7 to windows 10. I only recieve memory management bsods now along with a new one "attempted to write to readonly memory". That dump files did not correctly save, and I will post a screenshot shortly. The dumps and logs are all from yesterday, as the other dump files have magically disappeared off my system (no, ccleaner did not remove them). This new topic post is devoted to the bsod in this current windows 10 state. 

Whocrashed states this 

"On Wed 4/11/2018 6:22:55 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041118-35515-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x175930)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5100, 0xFFFFFAD4C22FB990, 0xD1, 0x88)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. The allocation bitmap is corrupt. The memory manager is about to overwrite a virtual address that was already in use.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 4/11/2018 6:22:55 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR!FltDecodeParameters+0x19D2)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5100, 0xFFFFFAD4C22FB990, 0xD1, 0x88)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. The allocation bitmap is corrupt. The memory manager is about to overwrite a virtual address that was already in use.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupt:
C:\Windows\Minidump\041118-36937-01.dmp" 

I will be buying new ram that is more appropriate for ryzen 7 and taichi x370 motherboard this Saturday. 

I am clueless with what to do at this point. I have not had a chance to debug these windows 10 dumps, but windows 7 dumps appeared to have no faulting driver.

Thanks in advance x1000 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 Njackson94

Njackson94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

Hi Louis. All of those are posted on the Google drive link. Should I repost directly to here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users