Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus stopping internet access

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dan_robertson19

dan_robertson19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

Hi everyone,

My Windows 10 PC was infected with a Trojan virus, that I think I caught and deleted. I've run Malwarebytes (Which initially caught some viruses), Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and AVG and none show any viruses left. However, I ran ADWcleaner and it caught and cleaned a couple of dangerous programs.

However, the main issue still persists, that my PC can't properly connect to the internet. My PC says it's connected and I can load google related websites (Gmail, and Youtube) but any other websites (Reddit, this forum, etc.) won't load. I also can't log in to steam or other game launchers.

Over the past couple days our (Five roommates) internet has been acting up, slow speeds, inability to load certain websites, complete lack of connection, across both WiFi and Ethernet. All of the other devices are fine now, except mine. When the technician came in he said that it was potentially due to a virus pulling bandwith which then slows down the whole network.

When I go to the Router system information, my computer is the only device with a 'self-assigned' IP address, every other one is DHCP-IP. Is the IP address being affected by a virus? How do I make sure my PC is clean and is able to connect properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users