Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Usage 99-100%

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 xmagox

xmagox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

Here are screenshots of my BIOS and after restart while i was loging to windows i experienced again a 100% disk usage, the PC didn't freeze as usual, and i guess it was because it was loading things nevertheless i took screenshots and the file of Process Explorer and HWMonitor.  The screenshots of task manager happened in 1-2 minutes, as you can see the process varies without the 100% going down.

My power supply is an Acteck Z600

AC Input 115v 60HZ 6A / Dc Output 230V 50HZ 3A

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Okay lets try some other options.

1. Click on Start icon
  2. Type Command
  3. Right click on Command Prompt and select to Run As Administrator
  4. Copy and Paste the following into Command Prompt
    wmic startup get caption,command > "%userprofile%\desktop\StartupApps.txt
  5. Upload StartupApps.txt from the desktop

Follow How To Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 Part 1. Test and let me know if any changes

If that does not help then perform the following step the next time you see high Disk usage

Run WPT
Step 1:
Download and Install WPT
Click on Start menu
Type command to start searching
Right click on command prompt in list and select Run Administrator
Copy and Paste the full commands below into the command prompt
xperf -on latency -stackwalk profile -buffersize 2048 -MaxFile 1024 -FileMode Circular && timeout -1 && xperf -d "%userprofile%\desktop\highCPU.etl"
Let it run for approx 1 min
Then Press Any Key to Stop capture
This will create a file highCPU.etl on your desktop
Compress the file to a .zip file and upload to your reply

#33 JaneBelle

JaneBelle

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:51 AM

Hi, guys, if you have no idea what  program exactly causes your PC into high disk usage, you would better struggle to uninstall the installed updates for Windows 10 so as to spare more disk space for other programs.

To do that:

Go to Settings > Update &Security > Windows Update > Update hisytory > Uninstall updates

You can choose to uninstal some unrelevant updates or uninstall all. 

#34 AlikDiana

AlikDiana

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:05 AM

The disk full usage is a complex question, but there are some solutions you can try one by one:

Solutions:

1: Check the Hard Disk Drive

2: Disable Background Intelligent Transfer Service

3: Disable Superfetch

4: Close Windows Tips

5: Reset AHCI Driver Value Data

6: Turn Off Google Prediction Service

7: Exit Skype

8: Change Virtual Memory Size

9: Clear Up Temp Files

10: Change Advanced Power Settings

11: Uninstall Installed Updates

12: Turn off Antivirus Software

13: Update Drivers

Follow this article: https://windows10skill.com/fix-100-disk-usage-on-windows-10/ wish it can help.

#35 xmagox

xmagox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

Past days my PC seemed to be working Ok, i was able to run some heavy programs without problem and there was a high disk usage but i guess it was because the programs, unfortunately yesterday i came back and my pc was restarted, i don't know why, and i started to experience high disk usage again and freezings, after some minutes i had a BSOD, and when restarted the screen remained black, i only could see the mouse pointer and had to do a hard turn off. Right now i was able to login to windows and im experiencing hiccups again.
Haven't tried the clean boot, but was able to fetch the HighCPU.etl

The disk full usage is a complex question, but there are some solutions you can try one by one:

1) Disk was checked and status is ok.

2)Gonna try it
3)Done before, didn't help.
4)Is the same as notifications? If so, didn't help
5)Im not using AHCI
6)Gonna try, but problem happens right after a fresh install of windows, shouldn't be related to this.
7)Same as 6 and i never had skype installed (uninstalled the one that cames with windows)
8)Tried before, didn't help
9)Gonna try
10)Tried before, Didn't help.
11)Tried before, didn't help.
12) There is none, other than windows defender, also tried disabling it and didn't help.

13) done, still having the issue.

Thanks for the link.

Attached Files

#36 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• 531 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

Okay I will take a look and get back with you as soon as I can. Please perform the following steps.

1. Click on Start menu
  2. Type in command
  3. Right click on Command Prompt in list and select Run as Administrator
  4. Copy and Paste the following command into the command console
  5. This will Create a SystemDiagnostics folder with diagnostic files on your Desktop
    Compress the folder to a SystemDiagnostics.zip file and upload to your reply

MD "%userprofile%\desktop\SystemDiagnostics"&wevtutil qe System /c:20 /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiagnostics\SystemEventlog.txt"&wevtutil qe Application /c:20 /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiagnostics\ApplicationEventlog.txt"&If Exist "%SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp" copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiagnostics"

#37 xmagox

xmagox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

here

Attached Files

#38 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• 531 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

I forgot your computer is setup for Spanish. Please change to English and re-run. Thank you

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

#39 xmagox

xmagox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

I forgot your computer is setup for Spanish. Please change to English and re-run. Thank you

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

Im trying but right now seems impossible. I did change the language, with difficulties because the hiccups, and after restarting the system its almost unusuable, it takes a long moment to respond and look at the photos i took. Im starting to believe it could be to something GPU related. I did a MemTestx86 and found no errrors in ram.

Attached Files

#40 xmagox

xmagox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Ok after those photos, i had to do a hard turn off since everything was unresponsive. I changed the memory sticks and the power connector to my HDD. (remembered you mentioned something about the power supply) the high disk usage still there but the graphics now look ok and its more reponsive. here are the files in english

edit, nvm, when i logged out form windows session, the graphics of the welcome window were bad again.

edit 2, fixed login (windows spotlight) with 2nd fix found here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-windows-spotlight-stuck-same-image-windows-10

Attached Files

Edited by xmagox, 21 April 2018 - 02:00 PM.

#41 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• 531 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

Did you ever try the following and see how it performs.
Follow How To Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 

I changed the memory sticks

Did you replace them or what exactly did you do?

I am concerned about the voltages and I am starting to think the PSU is the main problem. especially with the GPU issues. If you are comfortable testing as shown in the following video:

Okay good, I am aware of that fix for the spotlight issues.

Have you experienced any more Blue Screens? It seems to point to a hardware or memory issue from initial analysis.

HIgh Disk usage anaysis 

1. Windows Search
Disable Windows Search 
https://techjourney.net/disable-and-turn-off-windows-10-8-1-8-7-search-indexer-and-indexing-service/

2. PubMonitor - http://processchecker.com/file/PubMonitor.exe.html
Seems to be related to I/O bit program. Please uninstall with RevoUninstaller to completely remove.

3. Lcore. See if there is a newer version to update to
https://www.file.net/process/lcore.exe.html

4. Firefox cache. Cleanup all temp files with TFC Temporary File Cleaner[/size]

5. Run Minitoolbox
Download MiniToolBox and save it to your desktop

• Right click on program and select Run as Administrator
  • Select to Run All options
  • Click Go and wait patiently
  • After it completes (a reboot may be needed)
  • Result.txt will be saved on your desktop
  • Upload Results.txt to your next reply

6. Run WPT steps again

#42 xmagox

xmagox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

Did you replace them or what exactly did you do?

Months ago i had 16gb (4x 4gb) on my system, and started to experience random BSOD that were related to my ram, did some test and 1 of the sticks apparently had a problem, so i took 8gb out.

Months go by and i start to experience this high disk peak, but as i said there were no problems detected on RAM, still i took the chance and replaced with the other 8gb i had taken out before.

I had the spotlight issue and thought that changing the ram didn't fix it and that could have been the PSU or GPU, but after fixing the spotlight with powershell everything has been fine.

That's why i didn't reply back, since my last post i haven't had high peaks, maybe 1 or 2 after a system restart but PC doesn't freeze for moments and disk comes back to normal.

I can't test the PSU because i don't have the tools to do so.
Lcore is updated, installed it directly from logitech, unistalled PubMonitor but shouldn't be the issue, since the problem was present 2 times right after installing windows in a formated partition.

Right now im not sure if the problem has been fixed for some reason, but i haven't experienced it for days.

Thanks for your help dmccoyks

#43 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• 531 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

I am glad to hear things are working better and hope they continue. I would recommend watching your voltages and possibly replacing the power supply if things get worse again. 

#44 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:24 PM

Hi, well you are not alone, since version 1709 many users have discovered "EseDiskFlushConsistency" (ESENT) notifications in event viewer, these cause the symptoms that you are having. Unfortunately we have not been able to pin down the exact cause, maybe v1803 that rolls out today, will have a fix. You may have followed some previous advice and disabled superfetch (which seems to give some temporary relief) it is also advised to turn off indexing, doing this seems to have worked for many. I am sorry I don't have a more definitive answer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users