Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Image Hide And Seek

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roseredd

roseredd

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:38 PM

Hi guys!

I'm posting this in behalf of my mother, who uses microsoft frontpage to manage her website, found here: www.gardenpatchfarm.com.

She has on the site an "Image Gallery". Originally, hitting the link to this page would bring up the pictures in orginal size: huge. She asked me to resize them, and I did (Can't remember exactly how, it was months ago. I think I used PS or something outside of frontpage, then copy-pasted them back into the frontpage page...builing...veiw thingy. Yeah. (Not familiar with frontpage at all, as if you can't tell.)

The problem is, since I did this, although frontpage shows the pictures resized and perfectly placed, when we visit the site in IE, what we see is boxes. Blank boxes- with red x's. :thumbsup: Hate those things. I thought I saw the last of them when we got DSL!

When we hit the blanks, they do indeed link to the full picture, as intended, but we want to be able to see what we're clicking first! She didn't want thumbnails, she wanted the size it shows I did in frontpage. So why can't IE get the message? Did I miss a step, here?

I am clueless as to the workings of frontpage, although I know <i>very</i> minimal html. Any advice/help on this is much appreciated!

-RR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

It appears that your thumbnail pictures were not uploaded to the server. When I try to go to the small image file GPFDriveway.._small.jpg it shows that it does not exist. IE:

http://www.gardenpatchfarm.com/GPFDriveway.._small.jpg

You need to upload these small version images up to the server .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users