Had an HP Envy Ultrabook 4 given to me by a relative. Has a “Windows 8” sticker but was upgraded to Windows 10. I cannot get Windows 10 to load.
When booting – I get a choice of languages – choose US – English. Then I get a choice to:
- Boot Windows 10 – gets hung up here.
- Do a system refresh – if I select this I get an error message that the operation cannot be performed.
- Troubleshoot – subscreen to “diagnose” - if I select this I get an error message that the operation cannot be performed.
- Subscreen to go to MS_DOS system command. This WORKS. (But I’m not sure what to do from there.)
- Do a hard reset – have not tried – want to exhaust possibilities first.
Any thoughts or advice?