Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen/Resolution Issues When Turning Screen On/Off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DiabloFan

DiabloFan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

The issue i'm having is when my computer goes into sleep/hibernate mode and i wake it up, the screen appears to have a resolution issue ( picture attached ). I figured this wasn't a big deal so i turned sleep/hibernate mode off and just turn my screen off when not in use. I'm getting the exact issue though! When i turn my screen off and back on, the resolution is messed up.
So now i need help resolving this. If it also fixes it for the sleep/hibernate mode, that would be great but not necessary
The ONLY recent change is I upgraded to an Asus GTX560 Ti DirectCU II Top OC graphics card. I installed the card into my computer and windows automatically downloaded the drivers for it.

28vf7n7.jpg

Things i've tried:

1)Uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers using windows update and then again through Nvidia website
2) Currently using HDMI, but get the same issue with DVI-D (single) cord
3) Completely reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from scratch
4) Double checked all connections
5) Look through settings on my TV and settings on the graphics card through Nvidia Experience
6) Googled similar issues, but im not finding many that have the SAME issue as me
My setup:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8500
Mobo: Dell OTP412 X38
GPU: Asus GTX560 Ti DirectCU II Top OC (1gb DDR5)
PSU: Corsair CX650
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Screen/Monitor: 50" Sharp LED/LCD TV ( Full 1080p 60hz )

**UPDATE: Plugged computer into a regular HD computer monitor and had no issues. Turned the screen off an on multiple times and put it in sleep mode and woke it up, no problems.

So i believe this to be a graphics card issue/setting rather than a TV issue. But i maybe wrong still.

Edited by hamluis, 11 April 2018 - 12:43 PM.
Moved from IH to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DiabloFan

DiabloFan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

Apparently, i was wrong! It WAS a TV settings issue ive never seen before.
Just for fun, i decided to check what settings my TV actually has. It has an OVERSCAN settings for when PC is connected. I turned it to OFF and problem solved! Can turn screen on/off and use sleep mode without an issue.
A big problem i had also was that I didnt know what over scan and under scan was. Googled it, learned OVERSCAN is what applied to me, and applied the knowledge in my TV settings lol. Hope posting my solution can help someone in the future.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for letting us know of your findings/resolution.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users