Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ACER ASPIRE X3990

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raymondo44

Raymondo44

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

Hi guys, I have taken on a pc problem for a friend who's son tried to install Win 10 and left the system unusable. Anyway, I wiped the drive, formatted the hard drive and installed Win 7 H.P SP1 its original O/S.

The system is up and running apart from SM BUS drivers missing in Device Manager.

I have installed the Intel chipset identifier and used it to try to get these driver(s) but found none.

The chipset is an Intel H61 Express.

Have done the usual searches on the internet but no joy so far.

What I need to know,are the SM BUS drivers that important.

I have read some info., on it but not really sure what to do next.

Any help advice most appreciated.

Raymondo44

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

Going forward, ensure routine full image backups of the OS and Data partitions exist on external media - before an OS update is attempted.  And, I'll be listening in and learn alongside you about SM BUS  :)

Edited by RolandJS, 11 April 2018 - 12:27 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users