Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Crashes When Gaming

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Akaispirit

Akaispirit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:34 PM

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/a6O1X0Xhe6DNHreUj8MqcA6

I've had this problem for a while but it's gone from occasional to constantly. The game I play the most is Guild Wars 2 and a way to guarantee to make my computer bsod is to turn my graphics up to medium or higher.  Running it at the lowest possible settings seems to make it crash less often but it still happens. Previously I was able to play at the highest settings with the only problem being fps drops. Skyrim will crash after 2 and half minutes after loading in, no matter the settings, and even Rimworld will lead to a bsod. It's always a Critical Process Died or Unexpected Store Exception. When it does blue screen it wont leave a minidump no matter how I change the settings, it just sits at 0% till I manually reboot it. When I still had it on auto restart after a bsod I would get an error saying no boot device was found then when going into bios it wouldn't show my hdd. Turning the computer off and on though would have it boot up fine. It doesn't happen often but there have been times when I haven't been playing any games and just watching Twitch and it's BSOD but it's been only once or twice. Some games don't trigger a BSOD such as Final Fantasy X.

kernel_data_inpage_error

I've tried every suggestion I've come across. I ran Mem86 and it ran for 30+ hours and did 3 passes in that time but found no errors. CHKDSK found nothing. Virus scanners say I'm fine. CrystalDiskInfo says my hard drive is healthy. All drivers I can find updates for have had them installed. I've monitored the temperature and it sits at around 46c and goes up to 56-60c when gaming. I don't notice any spikes around crashes. I haven't been able to reseat the HDD though, I physically can not pull the SATA cable out of the motherboard.

Finally I bought a new Hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 10 but the BSODs persisted. At this point I'm not sure what else to try so I'm hoping the experts can help me here.

If more information is needed please let me know!

UPDATE:

My PC was running slow so I went to restart and as it booted it gave a message about doing a scan on the driver and I let it. It failed twice to do repairs and when I went to boot it up after wards it bsod with the message kernel_data_inpage_error (or I think it was that one, it was a kernel one). When I restarted the computer it wouldn't boot. I can hear and see the machine turn on but nothing comes up on either of my screens, no bios and no errors, just a black screen. I've restarted multiple times with no change.

Edited by Akaispirit, 11 April 2018 - 02:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users