Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 not starting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DigimonTamer0615

DigimonTamer0615

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Recently my Lenovo laptop has not been starting. It would open, show the Lenovo logo and then make me choose a keyboard layout. After it would make me choose between two options, "Troubleshoot" or "Shut down". I've tried choosing "Troubleshoot" to hopefully reset it but the "Reset pc" option is not even available. I've been turning it on and off many times now and tried looking for solutions online but to no avail.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DigimonTamer0615

DigimonTamer0615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

I really need help.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Can you access Troubleshoot > Reset with the option to keep files using the below steps?

• Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
  • Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
  • As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
  • Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
  • Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
  • Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot.

#4 Jobby_Issac

Jobby_Issac

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:06 AM

Hi,

If your laptop has removable battery, remove the battery and all external connections including power cord. Now press and hold the power button for 10-15 sec to drain out the excess charge from the motherboard. Connect the battery and power cord and try to power on the laptop. (If no removable battery, just remove the other external connections)

After this I recommend you to do the 6 steps mentioned above by JohnC_21.

#5 DigimonTamer0615

DigimonTamer0615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:41 AM

I'm stuck on the 4th step because it wont boot to Automatic Repair.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,614 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:11 AM

If you have a Novo key you can do a one key recovery but this will take you back to a factory condition. If your OS was something other than Windows 10 when you purchased the computer, this is the OS Novo will recover. This will reformat the computer so backup any data you need first. You can do it by removing the hard drive and connecting to another computer or using a boot disk of a Windows PE or linux. 

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht062552

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht104038

If the Novo key, if you have one, does not work then you will need to do a clean install per the below guide. Do you need data off the hard drive? 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/667627/doing-a-completely-clean-install-of-windows-10/

#7 DigimonTamer0615

DigimonTamer0615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:03 AM

Dude. You. Are. The. Best. Person. Ever.
I will try this newly found solution. You have my thanks.

#8 DigimonTamer0615

DigimonTamer0615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:20 AM

OH MY GOD DUDE IT WORKED. ITS ENTERING ONEKEY RECOVERY AS OF THE MOMENT. JESUS DUDE THANK YOU. YOU SAVED MY LAPTOP'S LIFE.

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,614 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:21 AM

Your Welcome, hopefully the computer will be stable after the One Key recovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users