Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EaseUS Todo Backup FREE - File Backup Question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 akepe

akepe

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

Hi All,

In file backup,when clicking on the upper right hand '' User defined ' and then '' File Type '

you get check boxes for among others for Documents,Videos,Pictures,BUT NOT for '' Downloads.''

when you click on '' + Add '  the window asks for a  ' Type Name ' Typing ' Downloads ' asks for the File name.

İ haven't got a clue as to what to do ...

Any help / explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Julia.

Edited by computerxpds, 10 April 2018 - 10:53 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Backup Software forum

Windows 7,64 bit  -  Lenovo Laptop 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,621 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

I don't have Easeus but see if this works. In the left pane you will see "This PC". Click the arrow next to it to expand the tree and put a check next to your downloads folder.  This PC > C: > USERS > <yourname> > Downloads

Edited by JohnC_21, 10 April 2018 - 03:29 PM.

#3 akepe

akepe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:52 AM

Thank you for the reply John,

i did this but this time,,when clicking  on the + Add '  the window asks for a  ' Type Name ' Typing ' Downloads '   i'm asked for  ' please input File type ' ..

Any other suggestions,thanks..

P.S  İ did check the Registry and my Downloads Folder is the original folder and in the correct place.so no problem there.

Thanks.

Edited by akepe, 11 April 2018 - 05:00 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,621 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:26 AM

I don't believe you click the +Add button. Just expand the tree of This PC and check a box next to Downloads of your user name. Does this work?

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,815 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:01 AM

I can't even find a +Add button in the dialog under EaseUS To Do Free v10.6, which I believe to be the latest:

easeus_todo10.6_user_defined.jpg

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,621 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

Brian, I believe the OP is using "File Type" in the dropdown box that shows "User Defined" as default. 

akepe, select User Defined in the dropdown box, not File Type. Then click the arrow next to This PC or Computer. Expand the tree and click the box next to Downloads of your user name.

#7 akepe

akepe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

Well John,i did as you advised  Computer > C: > Users > Julia >check marked   'Downloads '

and although 'Downloads ' did NOT appear under The Plan name along with Documents videos etc,

the Downloads folder was listed when i opened the image in Windows Explorer

HOWEVER ,from 88 items in my Downloads folder,ONLY 16 were listed...

İ'm stumped...

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,621 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Are the files that are missing in Documents in the exclusion list? Perhaps they need to be added under File Types.

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,815 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

I will also add that Downloads that one really wants to keep in one's permanent archive really should be moved to a dedicated folder for that purpose.

Most backup software views the downloads folder much like the Recycle Bin folder.   The stuff that's generally in Downloads can be easily downloaded again and, once used, is typically not needed again.  This is why it's not generally backed up by default.

I save the installers for quite a bit of software that I've downloaded, but I move those installers to a folder I've created specifically for that purpose that is under either my own Documents folder or the Public Documents folder.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#10 akepe

akepe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

Sorry John, i hadn't seen your reply re:  '' select User Defined in the dropdown box, not File Type.'' İ just did that and everything is done now.

The downloads folder and all it's contents are listed.

Thank you very much indeed,for the prompt replies and your help.

Much appreciated.

Julia

#11 akepe

akepe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

I will also add that Downloads that one really wants to keep in one's permanent archive really should be moved to a dedicated folder for that purpose.

Most backup software views the downloads folder much like the Recycle Bin folder.   The stuff that's generally in Downloads can be easily downloaded again and, once used, is typically not needed again.  This is why it's not generally backed up by default.

I save the installers for quite a bit of software that I've downloaded, but I move those installers to a folder I've created specifically for that purpose that is under either my own Documents folder or the Public Documents folder.

Thanks for your input Brian,i appreciate your suggestion.

Julia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users