Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 random freezing, increased disk activity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RobGSW

RobGSW

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

My system has been running slower and I hear frequent disk activity, sometimes for many minutes at a time.  I have not had a BSOD but twice, once yesterday and once today, my screen went black.  When I moved the mouse to see if I could get it back, I could see the cursor, but the screen would not come back.  The cursor would move slowly as well.  I had to do a hard boot both times.  I have Malwarebytes installed and I have run a scan and it shows no infection.  I also have Spybot S&D installed.  I've tried looking on task manager and usually it is superfetch that is consuming resources.  Also, I don't know if this is normal but opening one browser window with Microsoft Edge uses about 310 mb of memory.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RobGSW

RobGSW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

Today I got a blue screen when I came into work this morning.  Can anyone help diagnose?

#3 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

You have two replies to your OP here regarding the same issue RobGSW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users