Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Solutions domain account: which items are really needed?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 frank1492

frank1492

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

Not sure if this is a good place to post. If not, please inform as to correct forum
I recently took over our website maintenance and am prompted to pay for several items which I believe are not necessary. (We are working on a bare bones budget.) To pay for our domain name "allfaithscem.org" is obviously necessary,but there are three other domain names listed (and billable) and which we have no obvious use for. These are allfaithscem.info, allfaithscem.com and allfaithscem.net! Each of these have two related items (also billable): Private Registration and Web Forwarding.So there are a total of 9 items which I don't believe we need!
I think these items allow for forwarding to our website if someone types in the wrong suffix, .com, .net,or .info is that correct? Please comment on whether these items *must* be renewed, whether they are important options, or totally not needed. Thanks. Frank

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users