Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 FCU INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE and error 0xc0000001

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AnimeshBh

AnimeshBh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

Hello, my PC suddenly stopped booting normally or in safe mode and I mistakenly formatted the "system reserved" partition when I was trying to write a new boot sector trying to fix it due to my stupidity. I've tried everything listed on the internet, including:
1. bcdboot
2. rebuildbcd (Which fails and the alternative that works is bcdboot.exe C:\Windows /s C: /f ALL)
3. fixboot
4. fixmbr

All of which did something but didn't fix the problem. Had to use a usb stick with the latest windows 10 installation media to do this since automatic system repair won't come up. 

I've attached an FRST log and you could look into that and give me a personalized fixlist.txt if there's anything you can find.

One peculiar thing to note is that I need to reseat my RAM every time I completely shut down the PC (otherwise it would turn on with all the fans and motherboard LEDs but won't boot into even the BIOS or power the LEDs in my keyboard and mouse) after this problem started, although, if I press the reset button on my front panel then it doesn't fail to get to the BIOS. If you need anything else please ask me.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 April 2018 - 06:04 PM.
FRST log removed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users