Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio question????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PianoMan55

PianoMan55

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

I know this "ain't got nothin' to do with them there computers" (hey, i'm a Texan, ok?) but do any of you know if I can use just regular indoor speakers on my patio? I know the older ones were subject to extremes in temperatures-the cones would crack, the surrounds would deteriorate quickly, but not that experienced in the new materials out there. All I have ever run is indoor sound equip. The patio is 30x30 and the speakers would be shielded from rain, but not ambient humidity. Any thoughts on that. I was out of the country on assignment for most of '91 - 2011, so got behind on the tech.

Edited by hamluis, 09 April 2018 - 11:58 AM.
Moved from MiniGuides to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 589 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

as long as the cones are not made of cardboard and not mounted in a wooden box, which most are not in this present day and age.   if they are new speakers in abs plastic boxes i would think you'd be just fine!

Edited by mightywiz, 09 April 2018 - 02:32 PM.

#3 PianoMan55

PianoMan55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

Ok! 'ppreciate it. I was concerned about the high humidity we many times have in N Central Tx, Dallas area. As you said, the new plastics would be ok. I'm still sorta stuck in the days of heavy particle board and the old paper cones. When I got assigned to middle east/ western Europe many places still had rotary dial, if that. So, still playing catch-up. The programming I learned was CobAL and Fortran. That was what, Neolithic era?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users