Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop boots up but no display output until hard reset

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 po7pwn

po7pwn

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:27 AM

So I'm using a Clevo barebone laptop (P750DM2) with a custom BIOS (Prema Mod) which I ordered from Azom systems (here). I've been using this laptop for a little bit over a year now and have had no issues save for getting BSOD's due to a certain synaptics driver. So I contacted Azom support and they instructed me to unistall and reinstall the Synaptics and Clevo Control Centre driver. I did this and everything seemed fine.

A few days after this (now), my laptop wont display an output whenever I start it up after a shut down. It continues to boot (I'm assuming) since I see the disk usage LED light up and flicker like it normally does. But all this time the screen remains blank or black.

I've tried a couple of fixes including but not limited to:

- Taking out battery, Holding power button for a few minutes and then restarting the laptop. (Doesn't work)

- Reset my power plan (Premade Windows 10 high performance setting) to default. (Doesn't work)

- Turning off fast boot up 

- Unhooking both ends of charger after I shut down my PC. (Surprise surprise, Doesn't work!!!)

The only think that does work (kinda) is when I allow the laptop to boot for a while (without any kind of display output) and then force resetting it and turning it back on. This too has a high failure rate and takes a few attempts to get it running. Now I'm not sure what the problem is because once I do get the laptop to run, It runs perfectly fine. No frame drops, no sudden lag or stuttering or any such problem. It even restarts without a hitch. It's only when i shut it down and leave it unattended for a while in this state when it gives me a problem. Just to be clear, Even though Overclocking options are available on my system, I haven't (ever) enabled any of them. 

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I'm worried that one day when I get back home and try to boot up my laptop it won't work and I would have run out of options.
Sidenote: Would a fresh install of windows possibly fix this?

Laptop specs:

Azom Laptop - Exigo
Clevo Barebone - P750DM2
Display - 15.6” IPS Full-HD 1920x1080 60Hz Matte (anti-glare)
CPU - Intel Skylake Desktop Grade i7-6700
GPU - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
RAM1 - 8GB 2133MHz DDR4
RAM2 - 8GB 2133MHz DDR4
RAM3 - Empty
RAM4 - Empty
Storage1 - SATA 2.5” 1TB 7200rpm HDD
Storage2 - Empty (SATA 2.5" HDD/SSD)
Storage3 - M.2 2280 120GB SATA SSD
Storage4 - Empty (M.2 PCIe/SATA SSD)
Wireless - Intel Wireless-AC 8260, dual band, 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.2
Sound - Sound Blaster X-FI MB5, ESS SABRE Hi-Fi DAC headphone audio, 2 x Speakers
Trackpad - Synaptics SecurePad, Integrated Fingerprint Sensor
Card Reader - 6-in-1 Push-Push Card reader
Keyboard - Customizable backlit, anti-ghost keys
Camera - 2.0M FHD Video camera
Optical Drive - None
Battery - 8 cell (82Wh)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 po7pwn

po7pwn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:35 AM

My bad, forgot to read the rules before posting. 

Attached the File and the Speccy Snapshot.

Attached Files

Edited by po7pwn, 09 April 2018 - 01:36 AM.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:46 PM

You have numerous startup programs (approx. 30) on your machine. Please try a clean boot and see if the problem still occurs.

Edited by bwv848, 11 April 2018 - 02:46 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 po7pwn

po7pwn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:35 PM

Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I did a system restore which left me at BSODs on startup and as soon as the system restarted again, I would get a BSOD again.
So I did a windows reset which removed all programs. System ran alright after that. I switched off the system and went to bed. When I woke up and tried to start it up again, the same issue started all over.
Since then I have checked both RAM modules, using each one in both single slots and then both together. The problem does not go away. I had also run windows memory diagnostics which didn't turn up with any errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users