Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop lags and beeps when running certain programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NFUN

NFUN

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:03 AM

When I open certain programs, such as Discord, most games and Windows Store Apps, my computer just kind of gives up. It stops taking input in general and has lag spurts, with my mouse sometimes moving as normal and sometimes stuttering, with the latter condition usually accompanied by beeping (not BIOS beeps; the number of beeps seems to be random). Sometimes it recovers, but usually I have to hard-reset the computer. I'm pretty sure Windows and most drivers are up to date, and I manually updated the BIOS a month ago. Malwarebytes found nothing.

Other programs, like browsers, Steam, Paint.net and Microsoft Office, work fine.

This problem began when I was using Discord and when changing windows it would black out and freeze for a second, if that's helpful.

Dell Precision 7510

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NFUN

NFUN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

oh hey my old issue (laptop turns off when sleeping and not charging) popped up again too isnt that something

#3 JaneBelle

JaneBelle

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:37 AM

Hi, now that  only the Discard can cause PC to freeze, have you tried to uninstall it and them resinstall it? 

If your laptop keeps freezing, you would better change Power Options to see if it wil do so when charging.

For detailed steps, maybe you can turn to https://windows10skill.com/pc-freezes-slow-on-windows-10/ for help. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users