Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update crashing computer constantly.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kilmont258

Kilmont258

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:22 PM

Hi I am new to these forums and in desperate need of help. So I have been having a problem where anytime my pc tries to update windows 10 it will crash upon restart. It will do the process and when it is intalling the update it will either get to 82% and freeze or it will get near 30% and go to a black screen and stay there until I have to manually power down the PC. I have checked and most all of my drivers are up to date. I have done 3 clean installation of windows on my SSD the tried doing so on 2 seperate hard drives and same issue. I have performed memtest and it said no errors, I have done a processor test from Intel and also no problems shown. I have even taken it to a computer repair shop and he could not figure the issue out either. I am getting terribly frustrated and I am just looking for an answer or a test I need to run.

Here are my PC Specs:
MSI z270 m5
EVGA GTX1080
Intel i7-7700k
2 sticks g.skillz ripjaw V 8 gb ddr4 ram
Corsair CX750M power supply
WD 2 TB blue
PNY 480 gb ssd (for os)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 princemoga

princemoga

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

Hi

Did you try to update windows from the external drive?

If you are still getting the bug then you should contact to support. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users