Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Profile service not working, cant log in!! Save me!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Terrifiedmuppet

Terrifiedmuppet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:28 AM

"The service user profile  cannot be loaded" "cannot read user profile"

The pc was working fine yesterday when i turned it off, this morning i got this msg. Most solutions i have found need another user profile to log into, there is only the one on my pc. I tried booting in safemode but maybe i did it wrong as i didnt get there. Im panicking and need help asap, i finally got it back after it was broken for ages and i really want it back. I dont know much without being able to look at it but its Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit sp1 6 processors and i think amd motherboard. I dont know much about pcs but without being able to login i am completely handicapped and i dont know what to do other than reboot it.

Edited by Terrifiedmuppet, 08 April 2018 - 06:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anton75

anton75

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:33 AM

Try logging out and logging in again.

If no luck, do system restore.

If problem happen again after a few days, create a new user account, copy all files & folder except a few .dat files in the users/[username] folder from the old account to the new one.

#3 homercrispy

homercrispy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:14 PM

I had posed this same problem last week and received a reply while i was away.

It was suggested that an update to Microsoft Security Essentials has caused this problem.  I also believe.

these are the steps I took to correct the problem.

turn computer on.  immediately start tapping the F8 key.  tap it until you get a message to start windows in safe mode.  if you miss the message, try again.  it may take you 10 times before you get the safe mode option.

from windows do a system restore to a date at least a week ago.  if it restores properly, uninstall MSE.  then try booting and rebooting several times to see if the problem is fixed.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users