Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

website safety ratings icons in internet searches

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

What I hope to find, and have not really found much of are browser extensions which will give website safety ratings icons for searches with search engines the way that the Norton stuff used to do and like Web Of Trust still does.  I wish such ratings icons would work in most or all search engines such as Duckduckgo and ixquick and startpage.com.  The norton stuff does not seem to work anymore unless you use the search.norton.com search engine/search page.  WOT will work in Google but not in Duckduckgo, etc.  I already tried looking through the choices of these related browser extensions but have found nothing that does what I want, other than Web Of Trust. 

Right now, I am using Panda Safe Web extension in Firefox v59, but it is NOT doing anything except showing a rating while on a particular site.  I want to be able to see the ratings icons for ALL LISTED ITEMS of a search in a search engine.  The ratings icon with each listed entry. 

Does ANY other such extensions exist for use with Google Chrome and Firefox browsers? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users