Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

403 FORBIDDEN

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

Windows 7

Well I have run every type of virus and spy ware and the Hard Drive is clean (new Hard Drive) This all started with my CNC machine computer I was searching for some instructions for the software for the computer and the CNC machine and all was working spiffy, I then closed out the web page and disconnected from the internet (did not turn computer off) I came back to the computer and typed in the web page address (planet-cnc.com) and that is when I got the 403 Forbidden. Not to despair I have several other computers I can use and turned on the Family computer and typed in planet-cnc.com and I got 403 Forbidden you don't have permission to access / on this server. additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

In desperation I tried a software program that stated it would repair the 403 or your money back. (I got a refund) I next turned on the laptop which has been off and in the closet for some months, again I typed in the url and I again got the 403 error.

This morning I replaced the hard drive to no avail I am still getting this 403 error. I have contacted Planet-cnc and they tell me there is nothing wrong with their site and I am not black listed my ISP is scheduled to come out on Monday to take a look and if it is not on their end I will be hit with a hefty service call.

Please Please HELP

regards

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

What happens when you click on this...Planet CNC - CNC USB Controllers

That is what I see when entering planet-cnc.com

If that link doesn't take you to the website...still forbidden...you may be able to fix the problem

by changing DNS server or resetting and resecuring the router.

Info for how to change DNS server to OpenDNS Windows 7 : OpenDNS

Edited by buddy215, 07 April 2018 - 11:49 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

Tried everything and I still get the 403 I can get to the forum which is forum.planet-cnc.com  I guess I am going to have to pay the price and have the phone company / ISP come out and fix it. I have no control over the router as it is locked by the ISP  this has to be the planet ISP or my ISP as I do not think the motherboard could do this.

thanks for the help.

Jim                                                                                          

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

If you haven't rebooted after changing the DNS server...that is necessary. Otherwise, that is all that I can think of and not being able to

reset the router is a bummer.

You're welcome...maybe the tech can fix it.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:45 PM

Re started the machine and it did not help now I got another number 0x80070002 does it ever end

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:02 AM

Here is one website describing 3 reasons that error occurs and solutions.

Error Code 0x80070002 Fixed – Eassos Step-by-Step Tutorial

Another reference: Error code 0x8100002F and or error code 0x80070002 when you back up files in Windows 7

#7 wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

i have been looking everywhere for info on this 403 and it seems it is on the other end, either I tried to access a file that was a no no or there web just hic upped so I sent them a link to the youtube video, no biggy just that if I need to order for my cnc it will have to be done with email.

Thank you for the help

God Bless

Jim

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

You are probably right. The one thing your ISP can do for you to help determine that is changing your IP. Something

that you can't do on your own. Though you can mask your IP...the one seen on the internet.

Would like to hear back from you if you still have a tech appointment. Especially if the tech is able to fix the issue.

Of course, you're welcome.

#9 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

If it's happening on all computers in your house, it might be the router. Have you tried resetting it or accessing the site from another WiFi connection?

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:00 AM

Phantom010....he has stated in post #3...."I have no control over the router as it is locked by the ISP..."

#11 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

Phantom010....he has stated in post #3...."I have no control over the router as it is locked by the ISP..."

Thanks for that. I hadn't noticed. :)

#12 wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

Near as I can tell it is on the otherside and also has something to do with google, I even tried TOR but that did not work.

#13 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

Can you connect to your website by typing in the URL in the following proxy site?

https://www.proxysite.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users