Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc is connecting to my usual network but cant access internet but can on others?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 isaactology

isaactology

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:07 PM

Hi,

I have been having the most annoying issue the last couple of days, it was like any other day, turned the computer on all was fine internet connected but couldn't browse, couldn't do anything.

I found another forum https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/wifi-connected-but-internet-not-working-on-windows-10-solved/ which I had tried all of these things,
I have tried everything I know what to usually do, restarting the computer, disabling then enabling, resetting my routers, I re installed windows 10, not a full clean install but did the win 10 feature where you keep your old files, I am currently connected to my mobile hotspot troubleshooting everything I can I literally have no idea what to do now. 

I have no idea where the problem lies as I can connect to other networks fine with internet, my mobile and others in my house can connect to the main network and still get internet so I know its not an issue with my router and modem, it seems my computer just struggles with getting maybe the correct dns information from this specific network? I know enough about computers but haven't got a degree or anything and I really don't want to spend 3 hours on the phone with someone when I have the capability of doing it myself if possible. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do with this issue?  

Ps my drivers etc are up to date as well

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:07 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please tell us what you have tried to resolve this so that we don't make suggestions you have already tried.

Have you run the Network Troubleshooter?

Have you tried resetting your IP connection?

This needs to be run using an Administrator account.  

Click/tap on the Search icon (magnifing glass)in the Taskbar and type cdm.

PLrbrFc.png

You will see Command Prompt under Best match, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

Copy and paste the commands below in the Command Prompt one at a time, then press Enter after each command.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 isaactology

isaactology
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:28 AM

Hi,

I have tried to reset the iP a couple of times still doesn't fix the issues, what's weird is there should be at least 2 other networks available one without the 5g band and we have another connection in the house a wireless extender but it doesn't pick any of those networks up just the 5 g

I am running Intel i5 2500 k @ 3.30 GHz 8 gig ram 64 bit Windows 10 I a have an Asus pce - ac56 that runs dual band,

Would you like my iP configuration or any other details?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

There is a lot of information missing here, like what router and or modem are you connecting to with the ASUS adapter?

What is the make and model of the router the ASUS adapter is sending to and the make and model of the modem if it is separate?

Are the other computers capable of utilizing both frequencies and don't have problems with either frequency?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Vicin

Vicin

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:50 PM

What comes to mind that could be a problem is that the incoming internet cable isn't connected in the WAN port but instead in one of the LAN ports and hence not giving out IP correctly.

Some older routers will not work correctly if they're restarted and get connection towards repeaters and such before they get the connection towards the internet. You should turn off the repeater equipment when you restart the router and turn it on only once you've established internet contact.

But without knowing what kind of connection it is/router and so on it's hard to tell so plz do follow dc3s instructions for further help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users