Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My controller mapping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JGdude

JGdude

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

I didn't know where to post this problem as I am fairly new, but I got this new controller for my pc. It's called the RKGAME controller, and I got it to connect to everything just fine and all. But when I opened Battlefront 2 to just see how it would work, to press B, I'd actually have to press X, to press A, B. You see what I mean. All the controls were jumbled up. I think that's because it's not an xbox or playstation controller.

Now I'm really wondering whether there's any program, or anything already a part of my computer that I can use to fix it. Or even if it's a Battlefront 2 issue (gonna check that just as I'm posting this). But I really would like a way to connect this controller to my pc and make it work.

I'm running a windows 10 computer 64 bit

I've already tried a couple of things, but they didn't recognize my controller. And were both confusing and really complicated to figure out. There were also ones that mapped keys of the keyboard to the controller, and that's not what I was looking for. I want to emphasize that my controller works, I can definitely say that, it's just that my controller doesn't seem to be mapped correctly with the regular controller mapping.

What I would prefer would be a program where I select what button I'm mapping a specific button to from my controller to what it would correspond to on an xbox controller. Like emulating it. Or IDK anything that would fix my problem. Where I have to go through and specifically map the controller in every game that I play. Litterally any solution that makes my controller useful, or even just able to be used.

Edited by JGdude, 06 April 2018 - 06:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 win10user

win10user

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:40 AM

does that controller company have a forum or email?

#3 JGdude

JGdude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

win10user

I mainly didn't think of that because it was chinese based. I can try that but I doubt it will do anything, because it has to do with the interfacing between the controller and windows 10. I think they intended for it to be the correct formatting, but in china it must be different formatting than in america.

#4 win10user

win10user

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:04 PM

sounds like possibly a driver problem if 10 isnt recognising it

better to post on the tech support or os part of the forum

this is for softwares

#5 JGdude

JGdude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:16 PM

win10user

It seems to recognize the controller, but all the buttons are not in order. It realizes that it's a controller, but not what order their in. My prediction is that it's because it's Chinese based and it's weirdly set up on american systems. But it's not like I can just change the way my OS recognizes it, it would make more sense to just get a program to fix it. And I guess if that's not possible then I'll have to find another way.

Edited by JGdude, 07 April 2018 - 10:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users