Like I said earlier, my name is Zach, and I will be working with you to get your computer working again.
I will do my best to get your computer up and running as quickly as possible! However, there are a few things which I will need you to do if we want this process to go smoothly:
- I need your system to stay in the state that it is at the last time I give you instructions. In other words, please do not do anything to your computer unless I have instructed you to do so.
- If you do not understand an instruction, please stop immediately and tell me what you do not understand.
- If there is something which seems to be working improperly, please stop and tell me what has happened.
Also, please be aware that I am currently in training, so all of my posts need to be reviewed before you can see them. As such, it may take a day or two for me to post my replies.
Now that we've got that settled, let's get started...
Please also note that the instructions I give will be for the English version of Windows, while what your computer has will be in Czech. You will want to use what has approximately the same meaning.
Let's run a scan using FRST.
- Please download the 64 Bit version of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here and save it to your Desktop.
- On your desktop, please right click on FRST and click Rename. Add English to the beginning of the filename (So that the name looks like EnglishFRST64.exe), then press Enter on your keyboard to save the change.
- Next, right click FRST again and click Run as Administrator
- If a User Account Control dialog box and/or a disclaimer from FRST appears, click Yes to allow FRST to run.
- When FRST opens, click Scan and wait for the scan to be run.
- After the scan has been completed, FRST should create and open a file called FRST.txt in Notepad. Please copy and paste that file into your next reply.
In your next reply, please include the following:
Edited by sasschary, 06 April 2018 - 04:15 PM.