Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window 10 Desktop

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 msdhoni

msdhoni

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:58 AM

This is my desktop now, how do I get it back, I don't know what I pressed when this happened.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:09 AM

right click once anywhere on the desktop,

then select "display settings"

then change the "orientation" setting

Edited by mikey11, 06 April 2018 - 07:09 AM.

#3 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

I cannot right CLICK on the screen anywhere. But I get to the setting page and it did not set my desktop top normal.

Attached Files

Edited by msdhoni, 06 April 2018 - 08:26 AM.

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:16 AM

I cannot right CLICK on the screen anywhere.

why not?

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,011 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:51 AM

Also, what's wrong?

The photo is an inverted picture of a monitor as far as I can see as the "SAMSUNG" is shown as upside down and backwards, too.

It's a standard Windows 10 Start menu.  I can rotate a photo 180 degrees and post it upside down, too, but that doesn't mean that anything's wrong with the monitor or display.

If it's something else then please specify what it is that you think is wrong.

Edited by britechguy, 06 April 2018 - 07:53 AM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

Also, what's wrong?

The photo is an inverted picture of a monitor as far as I can see as the "SAMSUNG" is shown as upside down and backwards, too.

good catch.....i missed that

#7 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:37 AM

The screen is not upside down. When I upload that how it came out. The screen as you see it is what I am getting and what I am seeing when I turned on the computer which I hooked to a Samsung TV.

The desktop is not there. all those other icon is what I am seeing.

#8 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

The screen is not upside down. When I upload that how it came out. The screen as you see it is what I am getting and what I am seeing when I turned on the computer which I hooked to a Samsung TV.

The desktop is not there. all those other icon is what I am seeing.

so what is the problem?

#9 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:50 AM

I want the desktop the way it should be. When go into orientation that is for rotation of the screen. I need to click on something so that I can get back to the desktop. But what do I click on.

#10 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,011 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

First, what you posted, as shown on this forum, is upside down - that cannot be argued for the very reasons I've stated.  No Samsung monitor has the logo upside down and backwards.

From what I can see you have your device in Tablet mode, which makes it behave as though it were a tablet rather than a desktop or laptop.

If you click on the Settings icon (the gear) and go into System->Tablet Mode pane make sure that the very first item is "Use desktop mode" if you know you always want a standard Windows desktop or "Use the appropriate mode for my hardware" which should detect the type of device and act accordingly.

This presumes, of course, that you are not actually hooking a tablet to an external display.  If that's the case then you'd need to force desktop mode using "Use desktop mode" which wouldn't really make sense in that context.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#11 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:08 AM

There is midnight blue color on my screen that causing me not right click or left click. I have tried to trouble shoot but no luck so far.

Edited by msdhoni, 06 April 2018 - 09:22 AM.

#12 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

Hurray, Hurray, Hurray. This work my friend. The Tablet mode to Desk mode. Thank you so much, appreciated.

Edited by msdhoni, 06 April 2018 - 09:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users